Here at BKLM, we believe that successful M&A depends on creation of a model that can be repeated. Once you have that repeatable model, you can use it time and time again to experience successful growth.
There are 5 steps key to a successful M&A model:
- Start with a clear strategy that is backed with a thorough M&A plan. Strategy is at the heart of all we do. With years of experience, we have the knowledge and expertise to create a plan to effectively execute your merger.
- Create a meaningful thesis. A successful deal adds value to the target, as well as the acquiring company. The deal thesis should address both, while maintaining ties to your overall strategy for growth.
- Ask the right big questions (and answer them). Knowing the right questions to ask keeps you from falling for smoke screens. A seasoned acquirer knows how to see through the smoke screens and know how to set the right price for the deal.
- Integrate where necessary. There’s a lot to consider when combining companies. Integration must take into account all aspects of the involved parties to ensure full value is realized.
- Identify critical actions and take care of them. It’s easy to get stuck in the minutia during a merger. However, there are critical actions that must first be addressed before you can take care of the small details. Knowing how to identify those critical actions first is key.
BKLM’s M&A consultants can help your practice create and carry out your own repeatable M&A model. By keeping up with the most recent M&A insights and analyses, both our teams and clients have the knowledge and understanding of how the best acquirers experience success.